Dental Implants – Aftercare Tips
Dental implants are the best replacement method for missing tooth. You can replace one or more tooth using dental implants in Albuquerque NM. Here we have mentioned a few dental implants aftercare procedure that helps you to recover faster.
You can expect a bit of swelling after dental surgery. We recommend placing an ice pack on the cheek closest to the surgical area; this will help bring it down.
If you experience a little bleeding, don’t worry that’s completely normal. If you’re bleeding excessively, i.e., you’re mouth’s filling with blood, try biting on a gauze pad for 30 minutes. If this continues to be a problem, then contact your dentist in Albuquerque NM.
Good oral hygiene is essential for any dental surgery to be a success. As such, we suggest taking the following measures:
- Don’t consume alcohol for a week after surgery because this can prevent your gums from healing.
- Don’t attempt to floss or water-pick anywhere near the surgery site for at least a week.
- If you’re a smoker, don’t smoke until the wound fully healed. Prematurely smoking can severely hinder the healing process.
- Do your best to keep food away from the surgical area. So try chewing on the other side of your mouth.
- Don’t use a water jet or an electric toothbrush, for now, clean your teeth using a traditional brush.
- You can brush your teeth as you usually would, just try to avoid touching the surgical site for a couple of days. When you feel ready, be super gentle with it because it’ll be a little sensitive.
- Rinse your mouth using salt warm water to avoid infection.
Be sure to take note of this advice and action it. Trust us; you’ll be thankful in the long run.
If you’ve been prescribed antibiotics, be sure to take them as directed and complete the entire course.
You should take painkillers as soon as you feel the local anesthetic wearing off. You can buy ibuprofen over the counter; this should be enough to manage the pain.
Follow the instructions on the packet, and you shouldn’t go too far wrong.
If you’re in severe pain, contact your dentist in Albuquerque NMas they may need to prescribe you something stronger.
Make sure you do all of the following:
- Don’t ‘swill’ liquid over the area of your dental work.
- Eat soft foods for a day after your surgery.
- Avoid consuming hot food and drink until the anesthetic wears off.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
Plus, you can return to healthy eating as soon as you feel up to it unless you’re directed otherwise by your dentist.
If you are looking for cosmetic dentist in Albuquerque, you can contact W. Gregory Rose DDS, PA.