Homeopathy for Leucorrhoea
Leucorrhoea is the most common and frustrating problems in females. It is not a disease but a symptom of some underlying disease. The source of the discharge may be from the uterus, cervix, vagina or vulva.
Types of Leucorrhoea
Physiological: A vaginal discharge at puberty, during pregnancy, at the time of ovulation and during the premenstrual stage is relatively normal due to increased vascularity of the genital tract and needs no treatment.
Pathological: It is a discharge taking place due to disease or malfunction of the female reproductive tract. It needs urgent attention, hygiene, and cure. Overlooking pathological leucorrhoea can lead to severe problems like infertility and complications of the uterus. The nature of discharge differs from thin to thick bloody discharge with a foul smell.
Symptoms of leucorrhoea:
- Thick yellow/ milky white discharge.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Pain during sexual activity.
- Extreme itching of the vagina.
- Burning sensation while urination and frequent urge to pass very little urine.
- Lack of concentration at work.
- Drowsiness and exhaustion due to loss of vital fluids as discharges.
- Strong smell or frothy discharge and rashes or sore spots on the genitals, etc.
Leucorrhoea is an excessive discharge of a thick, whitish or yellowish, sticky, foul-smelling substance from the vagina. This common problem may occur due to unsanitary conditions, infection of the genital tract, or weak immune function. Other causes are:
- Too much intake of oily, spicy and unhealthy junk food.
- Hormonal imbalance caused by rigorous mental stress
- Excess sexual activity.
- Following improper diet and lifestyle in menstrual cycles.
- Alcohol & smoking etc.
Diet and Lifestyle Advice:
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Add more fresh fruits and green vegetables to your diet.
- Take in ginger, garlic, fenugreek, and coriander in your diet.
- Have compound carbs (like whole grains, brown rice, oats, etc), lean protein (fish, yogurts, nuts, sprouts, etc) and low-fat dairy products.
- Wash down undergarments with an antibiotic solution, and dry them under the sun.
- Wear loose, cotton clothes and garments.
- Exercise daily
- Do yoga and try to avoid stress as stress and strain may affect the hormonal level and may increase secretions
- Stay away from foods that will intensify this problem or raise your chances of getting leucorrhoea so try to avoid all heavy, oily, fried, sugary, spicy, and sour foods.
- Stay away from tea, coffee, alcohol, aerated drinks.
- Try to avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
- Start wearing synthetic or nylon underwear.
Homeopathic Treatment for Leucorrhoea
Homeopathy always tries to find an individual remedy for each case. From the treatment’s approach, it is better to bring it to the normal state than to stop it because physiologically it is vital. If it is stopped totally, vaginal dryness can result, which may cause pain & distress in sexual activity.
Also, if it is not treated appropriately, it may often persist and sometimes it can be infected and become persistent. Homeopathy boosts the immune system which plays a very important role in the natural elimination of disease organism or the disease itself and also in prevention. Homeopathic medicines are based on the nature and time of the discharge. The treatment can give everlasting relief to frequent leucorrhoea.