How to Prevent and Relieve Dry Mouth at Night
There are several dental problems that every person face and complain to their dentist in Barrie Chapnick Dental. One of the most common problems is the dry mouth problem during the night. If you are among those persons, you are suffering from this problem, and then in this blog, we will provide you with the right solution to that problem. So, just have a look below:
Notice these symptoms of dry mouth
- Having bad breath
- Having problem while swallowing and chewing
- Facing some change while tasting your favorite food item
- Having thick or stringy saliva
- Having cracked tongue
- Having dry lips and dry throat during the day time
Follow these steps to prevent dry mouth:
There are many ways by which you can prevent dry mouth. Some of these precautions can easily be done at home without much difficulty. Note some of them:
- Limit the intake of caffeine in your diet because caffeine can be the probable reason behind the problem of dry mouth.
- Say no to tobacco.
- Say no to spicy foods especially in the night. These items have an excess salt that can cause dry mouth, especially during the night.
- Keep your mouth hydrated during the day time.
- Get some candies or gums during the day time and make sure that they must be sugarless.
- Keep your room temperature cool so, that you will not dehydrated during the night time.
- Make a habit of breathing through the nose not from your mouth during the night time. If you cannot do that easily, just try to use nasal strips which make you breathe through your nose.
- Keep an eye on your mouthwash and make sure that they must not have an excess amount of alcohol in that as this leads to the problem of dry mouth.
- Chew mint during the day time which will keep your mouth to stay hydrated all the time even during the night time.
- Have a glass of water along with you while sleeping so, that in case you will have dry mouth during the night you can have that.
What are the causes of having the dry mouth during the night time especially?
- In case you are taking the blood pressure medicines, antidepressants, or anti-anxiety drugs, then it is obvious that you can suffer from the problem of dry mouth during the night.
- Suffering from stress.
- Getting cancer therapy (chemotherapy and radiation therapy)
At last, if your problem of dry mouth is very much high, then you should go for the choice of the dentist in Barrie Chapnick Dental. He will surely provide you the best medications using which you can resolve your dental problem.