Know about some types of cosmetic dental procedures
Cosmetics are something that is designed to make someone look good. A procedure in the surgery or dentistry that is related to cosmetic can result in changing the appearance. The cosmetic dentistry is a part of the professional oral healthcare that involves in beautifying and improving the look of the teeth, mouth and smile. Unlike some other dental procedures, the ones under this section are purely elective but can essentially provide some benefits. Some of the procedures can be very simple while others can be very complex.
Types of cosmetic dental procedures
- Teeth whitening: One of the simplest procedures in the cosmetic dentistry is the teeth whitening. It is the cheapest way to achieve a beautiful and bright smile. It is possible to whiten teeth at home using some whitening products available. But not everybody’s teeth can be brighten at home and so you must visit a dental clinic for the same.
- Dental implants: A dental implant is a permanent solution to replace the missing tooth. Made out of titanium, it is surgically placed into the jawbone to act as root where an artificial tooth can anchor.
- Dental veneers: Discolored, chipped or slightly crooked teeth can be treated with thin shell made out of porcelain called veneers. These are custom made to be cemented on the front of the teeth.
- Dental crowns: Crowns are caps made out of acrylic or porcelain to fit the metal. It is customized to treat poorly shaped, broken, badly decayed teeth or ones with big gaps.
- Tooth bonding: In dental bonding, tooth-colored resin is applied on the teeth and hardened with laser light to bond to the teeth.
- Inlays and onlays: These are called indirect fillings made out of different materials to fill the gaps made by moderate decays. Materials like porcelain, gold etc can be used for the purpose of filling.
Apart from the above mentioned procedures, teeth shaping and some cosmetic orthodontic treatments are also a part of cosmetic dental procedures.