The Dental Implant Care Guide – Before and After Restoration
Everybody knows that dental implants are the only permanent solution for a missing tooth, and with good care, they can last longer. Though people are aware of it, many don’t actually take good care of their implants that leads to implant failure. Of course, dental implants Sydney requires less maintenance. But, that doesn’t mean that you don’t have to take care of them. Although it is an artificial tooth, it still needs good maintenance just like your natural teeth to ensure its longevity.
What makes dental implants last longer?
Dental implants are the only teeth replacement option that replaces both the root and crown. The money you have spent in the dental implants cost Sydney is really worth the investment. Yes, once the implant is inserted into the jawbone, it naturally fuses with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. The implants help to stimulate the jawbone and preserve the jawbone. This is one of the significant reasons why dental implants last longer. As it replaces both the root and crown, implants help prolong the life of remaining natural teeth around them and maintain the jawbone.
Precise planning of dental implant surgery increases the chance of implant success. Here are a few helpful tips to prepare for the surgery.
- If you are taking any medicines, let your dentist know it so that he may alter the dose in preparation of the surgery.
- Painkillers and antibiotics which are given before the surgery should not be ignored as it helps to reduce the discomfort and risk of infections.
- If you are nervous about the procedure, discuss with the dentist so that he may be able to offer sedation options if it is suitable for you. Keep in mind; the sedation you choose will affect the overall dental implants cost Sydney.
After the restoration, a patient may need a couple of days to recover. However, it may vary from one patient to another based on their oral and overall health condition. Here are a few tips on what to do after the procedure
- Bite on the gauze firmly that were placed in your mouth to control bleeding.
- Try to sit by elevating your head and avoid moving around for 8 to 12 hours following the surgery.
- Stick to soft and liquid foods for the first 48 hours after the procedure.
- Take all the medicines which are prescribed by the dentist as it helps to heal quickly and prevent infections.
Caring for dental implants is as simple as you do to your natural teeth. Brushing, flossing, rinsing, and regular dental visits are crucial to maintain the appearance of the implants and reduce the chances of implant failure. Poor oral hygiene leads to peri-implantitis, and it is one of the primary factors of implant failure. The cost of dental implants Sydney is worth the investment. But, it all depends on how well you take care of them.