Tips To Maintain Your Dental Implants in Good Condition
Dental implants are the artificial replacement to your natural teeth. You may lost or removed your natural teeth for various reasons including tooth decay, infection, etc and feel discomfort while speaking or laughing in front of others. To overcome this issue, you can choose dental implants treatment which provides artificial teeth that works similar to your natural teeth. If you are wondering about dental implants cost in Melbourne, you can consult the dentist who offer affordable dental implants treatment to their patients. You can replace one or more teeth using the dental implant procedure.
Initially, your dentist will place the metal implants into your jaw and allow it to fuse with your jaw. This may take up to three to six months depending on the patient’s dental health. Once the implants fuse with your jawbone, your dentist will place the crown or false teeth on the implant. This will act similar to your natural teeth and no one can identify it. If taken proper care and maintained well, dental implants Melbourne can last for a life time. So here we have mentioned a few aftercare tips to maintain your dental implants in good condition.
Aftercare Measures Taken After the Surgery
- You need to apply a little pressure in the surgical area by biting firmly down on a gauze pad for about an hour.
- You need to take the medications recommended by your dentist to reduce your discomfort and avoid infection in the surgical area.
- The day after dental implant surgery, it is recommended to use warm salt-water rinses and should be used four to five times a day, especially after meals.
- Avoid having very cold or hot foods and drinks once after the surgery.
- Avoid brushing on the surgical site for few days after the dental implants surgery.
- Avoid physical activities for few days after the surgery.
Aftercare Tips to Maintain Your Dental Implants in Good Condition
To maintain your dental implants Melbourne in good condition, you need to maintain your oral hygiene. It means, you need to brush and floss your teeth regularly. You need to brush and floss your teeth twice a day to prevent your teeth from decay and infection. You can also use mouth wash to clean your teeth. If oral hygiene is poor, bacteria can build up and cause inflammation. If it is left untreated, the inflammation can cause bone loss around the implant. So maintaining your oral hygiene to help your implant last longer.
Regular Dental Checkup
Similar to dental hygiene, regular dental checkups can help you maintain your dental implants in good condition. Regular checkups can help dentist identify any issues in the earlier stage and rectify it in its initial stage.