Treatment and Remedies Opted for Diabetes in Kuwait
Kuwait aims to raise awareness of the people including young and kids about the risk factors of diabetes and obesity, its complexities and significance of opting for a healthy lifestyle. The organizations launch several campaigns in schools, universities and commercial centers for it. The session comprises of checking BP, sugar and weight aiming to enhance awareness of a diabetes free life and to prevent all its complications from occurring.
Some of the steps taken for advance diabetes treatment are:
- Create workshops to educate people with diabetes and to give them a chance to share their experiences.
- Offer diabetes management equipment such as glucose strip, and glucometer at lower rates in comparison to market price.
- Offer free consultations, retinal assessments, dietary suggestions, HbA1C check-up along with diabetes training for people.
- Print publications and educating books covering the recent news related to diabetes.
- Enhance cooperation between doctors specializing in diabetes to share knowledge and treat patients according to their problem. They offer diabetic therapy to render better care to the people.
- First and foremost, the testing is done which is two-minute procedure and after that the doctor will accordingly prescribe the treatment procedure to you.
However, type 2 diabetes in Kuwait are higher in rates. They need to be effectively controlled and take several daily injections to prohibit from resulting into chronic kidney failure. The patients are suggested to stay away from fasting. And, those suffering from type-1 diabetes in Kuwait and involved in rigorous physical activities should also stay away from fasting.
The set of medications prescribed for diabetes to avoid hyperglycemia include metformin and gliptins. However, one should contact a professional hospital or diabetic institute to know about the precise treatment needed for it.
Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Dasman Diabetes Institute (DDI) was established to address the growing epidemic in Kuwait. With his efforts to promote national welfare, the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) surveyed the top diseases affecting the Kuwaiti population. Among those diseases, diabetes was the fastest growing chronic condition. As a result, KFAS financed the establishment of DDI.
Truly, they are the best judge and thus it is recommended to refer to the health professionals of DDI about the latest recommendations in diabetes and to adopt them after considering the intensity of your disease. Actually self-monitoring the sugar level in your blood is also a way to manage your diabetes in day to day life. However, if you experience unwanted situation, then you should immediately rush to your doctor. A small prick will help you get the accurate measurement of the glucose level in your blood. Moreover, you have highly advanced glucose testing equipment available nowadays which just need microliter blood from your body to detect it.
All in all, you have to take good care of your health whether you have type-1 or type-2 diabetes, eat proper diet and take periodic medicines to live a healthy and active life.